Friday, April 16, 2010

Selena Day

Today is "Selena Day" in Texas. Happy Birthday Selena. RIP. You and J-Lo made each other famous.

Bear takes a moment and remembers Selena:

Bear: that's a great idea
Sent at 12:32 PM on Friday
me: so right after Selena was murdered
W. declared her birthday Selena Day
Bear: please don't talk about it
me: I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT
Bear: i'll never forget that day in 7th grade
me: I KNOW RIGHT
Bear: when selena died
and i first learned she existed
me: exactly
kljsdf;dfsldfs
Bear: because all the mexican girls at school wore her shirts
me: omg yessssssssssss
Bear: beacuse i lived in oklahoma
Sent at 12:34 PM on Friday

How have I never heard this quote before???
"I tried to drown my sorrows but the bastards learned how to swim."
-Frida Kahlo
Well, thanks to my Barney's catalog I now have.

Also, I can't stop listening to The Antlers - Hospice album. They will be on tour and in L.A. April 30th and D.C. June 6th. No Texas. Figures. Listen to it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment