Sunday, March 14, 2010

You'll never make it

Bearclaw,

Yesterday I accidentally shattered a child's dream of making the cheerleading team. I was at work at the time. She came in with her tryout number still pinned to her t-shirt and a ribbon in her hair so I asked her if she had just had cheerleading try-outs. She said yeah for the eighth grade team and I said, "Oh! I tried out for cheerleading in 8th grade too! What tumbling routine did you do?" She said, "Round off." That's basically a cartwheel. Nothing more. And, I replied, "Oh yeah that's what I did." And she goes, "Did you make it?" UH-OH NO I DID NOT DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was trapped. I had to say no. And, then she just walked away half laughing half crying to her friend. Oops. Another child's dreams destroyed at the paint-your-own pottery studio.

love,
Eclair

No comments:

Post a Comment